Board Directors in Todayâ€™s Board Rooms
On the 15th October I spoke at TEDxNewSt about the changing role of the non-executive board director in todayâ€™s world.
If our companies are the engine for bringing us out of the doldrums, then we need to have the best foundations and tools for them to do just that.
The talk touches on the make-up of the board, and the way that non-executive board directors do their jobs.
The nature of what it takes to be a responsible board member anywhere in the world has changed.
It examines the role of diversity, in the most diverse sense of diversity, communicating effectively in dynamic board rooms, and what it means to be an active and engaged board member.
Board directors today need to be much more active in their approach to ensure that the organisations they serve do not simply survive, but thrive … Nothing less should be demand of them than that.
The talk also explores four areas:
- Know the board
- Know the people
- Know the business
- Know the landscape
Related articles & Information
- The Role of Non-executive Board Directors Today
- Changing the Landscape of Corporate Governance: Twitter, the Board Directorsâ€™ Resource
- Beyond Optics: Why Board Diversity Really Matters
- Compliance Week: Activism in the Boardroom Podcast
- TEDxNewSt: The changing role of the non-executive board director in todayâ€™s world