Aspen Institute Energy and Environment Awards Gala Dinner
Created by the Aspen Institute Global Leadership Network, the Aspen Institute Energy and Environment Awards recognize and reward excellence for those making a real contribution to innovation, implementation, and communication of energy and environmental solutions.
The awards, presented annually, are designed to draw attention to the organizations and people who are making the biggest strides, acting as leaders, catalysts, and educators, particularly at the critical nexus between energy and environmental problems and solutions from around the world.
The 6 winners of the Aspen Institute Energy and Environment Awards were honored at a special awards dinner held during the Aspen Environment Forum.
“In these challenging economic times it is more important than ever to recognize and support those who inspire us with their imagination, foresight and creativity, and give us all something to aspire to and replicate,”
Lucy P. Marcus, CEO of Marcus Venture Consulting and Co-founder and Board Chair of the Aspen Institute Energy and Environment Awards.
The 2009 Aspen Institute Energy and Environment Awards winners were:
- Corporate Energy Generation â€“ A123Systems
- Corporate Energy Efficiency â€“ Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Government â€“ Province of Albertaâ€™s Carbon Capture and Storage Initiative
- Non-governmental Organization â€“ Confederation of Indian Industry â€“ Sohrabji Green Business Center
- Visual Art and Design â€“ The Extreme Ice Survey
- Individual Thought Leadership â€“ Van Jones