Building long-term relationships between entrepreneurs and financiers
Keys to creating a successful high-tech company
This one-day workshop will enable you to go away with an understanding of what financiers are looking for in next generation technology companies. Achieving second/third round funding is crucial for the survival of your enterprise, but
building a real and lasting relationship between you and your financiers will increase the likelihood of future success.
Attend this workshop to gain an understanding of how the VC acts, reacts and judges your plans. You will leave the event equipped with working knowledge to really focus on your long-term goals.
The interactive nature of this workshop will facilitate discussion and an exchange of ideas on the best way forward.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Keeping a finger on the pulse – Assessing the current trends in the VC/start-up market
- What attracts financiers to high-tech and Internet companies? * how they see the marketplace * when should they get involved ideally
- Positioning your proposition to maximise the impact on financiers
- Presenting your ideas to the financiers * initial ideas * management structures * business plan * exit strategy
- How do angels, incubators, VCs and banks value companies * what are the criteria * due diligence
- Practical case study examples of how others have done it
Bringing a value-added approach to the workshop, there will be plenty of time for your questions to be answered, for debating the issues on the best way forward.
Lucy Marcus, Managing Director, Marcus Venture Consulting
Bringing a 360° perspective, Lucy has worked in the new economy of software and the Internet, as well as in government and industry. Prior to founding Marcus Venture Consulting and High-Tech Women, Lucy was co-founder and Vice President
of Marketing and Sales of an enterprise management software company. She was responsible for Marketing and Business Development for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) at Infinity Financial Technologies, ran the EMEA operations of a
communications consulting company, worked at Price Waterhouse in the East European Services Division and at the US Treasury’s Economic Policy Division.
Marcus Venture Consulting
Committed to fostering rapid and sustained growth and success in the technology sector, Marcus Venture Consulting works with entrepreneurs and financiers to enable then to achieve their goals, helping technology and technology-related ventures and funding organisations alike.