European Silicon Valleys
Although new centres of techno-entrepreneurialism are appearing around Europe, will they ever be able to rival Silicon Valley? What are the factors that make the Valley such a magnet for entrepreneurial talent, and how can Europe replicate this? What roles could public regulators and the venture capital industry play? How might changing public sentiment towards the dotcom revolution affect attempts to foster a greater entrepreneurial spirit?
The session will include:
- Till M. Guldimann, Senior Vice-President and Director, Sungard Data Systems, USA
- Lucy P. Marcus, Managing Director, Marcus Venture Consulting, United Kingdom
- Sebastian Schnitzenbaumer, Chief Executive Officer, Mozquito Technologies, Germany
- Joseph P. Schoendorf, Executive Partner, Accel Partners, USA
- Roger Dunbar, Global Vice-Chairman, Emerging Growth Markets, Ernst & Young, United Kingdom