What are boards actually for? Crucial questions about governance answered
Lucy will be speaking about:
- The overall role of the board â€“ the distinction between directing and managing
- Key considerations in appointing directors â€“ getting the balance right on the board, including diversity considerations
- The chairman and chief executive roles â€“ making the relationship work
- The key issue for non-executive effectiveness â€“ combining expertise with independence
- Balancing the boardâ€™s performance and conformance roles. The board as an adviser and monitor â€“ is there a conflict?
- The relationship of the board with shareholders and/or other stakeholders â€“ promoting a stakeholder approach to ownership.